[CentOS] vmware 1.0.4 lock up on install

Jerry Geis

geisj at pagestation.com
Mon Sep 24 20:20:01 UTC 2007

I am not having a good experience with vmware.
Twice I have tried it today and it locks up my machine.

First attempt was to install centos 4.5 i386. It told me it
could not find anything to install on. After a post to the list
I was instructed to not do typical, but custom and select LSILogic
as the controller. I did and I got past that point.

I then goto into an install with 6 minutes remaining on screen and
another lock up.

Anyone else experiences this with vmware. Is it something I am not doing or
its just not going to work for me?

I have  a stock centos 4.5 X86 AMD X2 as my host and was installing a
centos 4.5 i386 guest.
Thanks, I was almost there.

Jerry