[CentOS] mail server

Steve Huff shuff at vecna.org
Tue Sep 25 13:22:07 UTC 2007

On Sep 25, 2007, at 8:16 AM, CentOS List wrote:

> what can you recommend for mail server. I'll be needing mail server
> with tls,ssl and virtual domains with web ui management, im doing
> this for a client of mine.
>
> I have been using Qmail. http://www.qmailrocks.org/ This site has
> everything you will need.

in this vein, i'd recommend Nick Hemmesch's QmailToaster (http://
www.qmailtoaster.com/); it's a turnkey qmail+vpopmail+ezmlm-idx
solution that:

* is RPM-based (though you have to compile the RPMs yourself, to
comply with djb's license)
* is extensively tested on CentOS
* stores its configuration in a MySQL database
* provides you with virtual domains, spam blacklisting and filtering,
web-based administration, mailing list management, and a host of
other features
* is actively developed and supported

the QmailToaster is set up according to the qmailrocks guidelines;
the packages just take some of the drudgery out of it.

-steve

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v