[CentOS] remote tar via ssh

David Mackintosh David.Mackintosh at xdroop.com
Wed Sep 26 19:36:59 UTC 2007

On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 12:22:27PM -0700, ann kok wrote:
> can you tell me what is the exactly command?
>
> machineA# ssh root at nachineB:tar cvf / ; tar xvf *

machineA# cd $WHERE-MACHINE-B-FILES-WILL-LIVE
machineA# ssh root at machineB "cd / ; tar cfp - . " | tar xfp -

Beware of following network mounted filesystems or otherwise recursing.

Note that $WHERE-MACHINE-B-FILES-WILL-LIVE on machineA cannot be /
since it will likely interfere with the currently running OS.

--
 /\oo/\
/ /()\ \ David Mackintosh |