[CentOS] too many links error when creating directories

chitgoks

chitgoks at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 04:22:41 UTC 2007

hi , our centos os has an ext3 file system. and i cant create any more
directories, it gives me a too many links error, even when doing a manual
mkdir.

is there any workaround for this? without changing it to a different file
system like reiserFS? we dont have a reiserfs module in the os so it will
have to be installed. and can it be possible to install a reiserFS without
having to reformat the os? just mount it after installing? please advise