[CentOS] 2 nics, 2 networks, 2 switches

Fri Sep 14 15:56:43 UTC 2007
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu <m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca>

Hi Everyone,

I have a server with two NICs. One NIC is already configured for network
A, but the second is disabled at the moment.  I want to enable it too,
but put it on network B.  Unfortunately, I don't know how to do that.
Well, what I've tried hasn't worked anyway.

Each NIC is plugged into a separate switch, and each network has it's
own gateway.  But, I can only set one default gateway.  What parameters
do I need to use in the NIC config file to force NIC 1 to use gateway 1,
and NIC 2 to use gateway 2?  I tried using "GATEWAY=blah" in each config
file (ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1), but it didn't work.

I'm over looking something.

Regards,

Ranbir

--