Pinging Les Mikesell Re: [CentOS] Mail Restrictions with sendmail and mimedefang

Mon Sep 3 16:03:19 UTC 2007
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:

> Hi Les,
>
> Can you help me to solve the above issue?
>

> For more , pls see below.
>
> http://readlist.com/lists/centos.org/centos/4/24885.html
>
> http://readlist.com/lists/centos.org/centos/4/23965.html

Mimedefang has its own support list with people who could answer this
better than I can.   The filtering process is controlled by the perl
code in mimedefang-filter.pl. The best documentation is the 'slides'
link from http://www.mimedefang.org/ and there are links to example
filters if you follow the wiki link.

You can look at the recipient list in the filter and reject if you don't
like it.  However, your Bcc: requirement will add a complication and is
probably impossible to get right in the general case.  Normally sendmail
  will remove the Bcc: header and add the address to the envelope
recipients as the message is received - and you can't simply compare the
envelope list to the headers because other transformations may be done,
including expansion of aliases and following .forward file directives.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com