[CentOS] Places > Connect to Server > Windows Share Doesn't work for me

Thu Sep 6 18:14:47 UTC 2007
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On 9/6/07, Juan C. Valido <jvalidolnx at juanyjosefina.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 02:44 -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> > On 9/6/07, Juan C. Valido <jvalidolnx at juanyjosefina.com> wrote:
> > > This is not too Important but Places > Connect to Server > Windows Share
> > > Doesn't work for me also Places > Network Servers > Windows Network
> > > doesn't work for me either. Samba, Mapping Windows Shares and Print
> > > Sharing work fine. Just curious, Thanks
> >
> > Is this CentOS 4 or 5 or ?
> >
> > Akemi
>
> CentOS 5. Thanks

I cannot reproduce your problem.  In nautilus, I was able to get to
Windows shares through the Places - Network route.  When prompted, I
entered the username and password.

Wonder if you can connect to the share using smbclient.  Suppose your
share is //winbox/myshare, try:

smbclient //winbox/myshare -U username

then enter the password at the prompt.  Are you able to get in this way?

Akemi