[CentOS] unable to add IP address to eth0:0 eth0:1 etc

Fri Sep 7 13:37:32 UTC 2007
Ray Leventhal <centos at swhi.net>

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Ray Leventhal wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I need to (quickly!grrr) update IP addresses for which a given machine
>> will answer.
>
> for f in 10 11 30 31 13 15 20 21 22 ; do ip addr add dev eth0
> xx.xx.xx.${f}/24 ; done; ip addr ls; ip route ls;
>
> check firewall to make sure traffic is allowed in/out for those IP's

Thank you very much, but please forgive my ignorance...and allow me to
explain the entire situation.

The server I'm adding IPs to is in one /24, the ips I'm adding are in
another /24 (which is why I specified the netmask in the /sbin/ifconfig
statement, or it'd have auto-chosen 255.255.0.0)
I'm not sure where/when/how to execute what you've suggested.  Again,
forgive my ignorance, but if you'd explain, I'd be grateful.

Thanks,
~Ray