[CentOS] LVM problem

Fri Sep 7 15:40:12 UTC 2007
Alain Spineux <aspineux at gmail.com>

In /etc/lvm/lvm.conf you can tell LVM to ignore some drive when looking for VG.
I you hide hdb, you will be able to rename hda2. But his is a very
hard work with
some trap if you never did it before (update grub, inittab, initrd .....)

The shortest way for you is to boot on the CD whit only the bad HD and try to
recover your data and copy them trough the network.

Regards