[CentOS] Re: rpm spec files for ruby

Tue Sep 11 13:05:32 UTC 2007
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> there is a ruby-1.8.5 in the testing repo, it should be trivial moving
> that to 1.8.6. However, I must ask - why you are doing this ?

Some time ago I built ruby-1.8.6 on my development machine and have been
using it for a new project.  I now wish to move that to a trial deployment
server and do not wish to have to install a full development suite there
simply to build ruby-1.8.6.  I also would like to learn something about
the Redhat package manager for its own sake.

I have discovered that the duplicate file names in the documents set
prevent a build of the packages.  No doubt there exists an override switch
to force a build regardless of errors but I would like to uncover why
these files are duplicated in the first instance and eliminate the problem
at source.  Can anyone help me with this?

Sincerely,

Canada  L8E 3C3