[CentOS] Installation troubles

Wed Sep 12 14:23:19 UTC 2007
Chuck Campbell <campbell at accelinc.com>

On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 10:37:05PM +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Chuck Campbell wrote:
> >Bothe kernels see the card though (looking in /var/log/messages after boot.
>
> Can you post the output from 'dmesg; lsmod; lspci -n' booting the
> installtime kernel at http://pastebin.ca/ and post the url to that here..

I concatenated dmesg, lsmod and lspci outputs from booting the install
kernel into a single file and put it here:

http://pastebin.ca/693896

Glancing through dmesg I do see the 3ware controller and sda, sdb,
sdc and sdd, so in the install kernel, it looks like everything is
recognized.

I then booted the updated kernel and reran the dmesg, lsmod and lspci
commands, then concatenated the outputs into another file and put it here:

http://pastebin.ca/693905

I see differences with respect to the 3ware stuff and disks recognized, but
I don't know how to reconcile them with the new kernel.  Both kernels
seem to load the 3ware module (lsmod output), but the updated kernel
doesn't see the raid devices (only /dev/sda and /dev/sdb).

-chuck