[CentOS] ASTERISK BOX behind a filewall

Thu Sep 13 01:45:20 UTC 2007
Ross S. W. Walker <rwalker at medallion.com>

gjgowey at tmo.blackberry.net wrote:

> I hate to reply to my own reply but...  I meant third
> ethernet card, not second.
>
> gjgowey at tmo.blackberry.net wrote:
> >
> > Why not put a second ethernet card in the ISA connected
> > directly to the asterix server and have all inbound and
> > outbound sip calls through it?  You could then preserve the
> > IP addresses for both your internal and external addresses.
> > You wouldn't even have to nat to the asterix box since the
> > ISA server could handle the routing and obviously if the
> > source or dest is an internal IP then the packet gets sent to
> > the internal interface and vice versa.

Damn top-posting is killing the thread, you may want to try
the gmail client for the BB. It's getting a little OT now so
let me add:

Well actually I am using GNU Gk as I'm still on H.323 not SIP,
but same thing really (besides being a completely different
protocol).

I would have put it in the DMZ, but for this application it
didn't really pay to have a whole other box, the internal
GNU Gk is in a VM. I suppose I could have created a vlan to
the VM and put that in the DMZ, but vlans with shared VM
ports requires 802.1q support on the VM guests and it just
keeps getting more and more complex from there.

-Ross

<snip old convo>