[CentOS] Bypassing firewall alternatives

Thu Sep 13 17:32:46 UTC 2007
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

Wei Yu wrote:
> I am experiencing a problem of bypassing firewalls.
> I know that "ssh -R" can forward ports from remote server to local
> ports. But it requires an account of the remote server, which seems to
> be a security hole.
> I am looking for other programs which can do so, any suggestions?

I don't know any way you could forward a port from a remote host to
anywhere without authenticating on said remote host.

I'm not quite sure why you consider the existance of an account to be a
security hole ?  you could configure an account that won't allow an
interactive login (shell set to /bin/false), and JUST do port
forwarding, using -N on the ssh command.