[CentOS] [CentOS 5] tftp-server, unable to create new files (even with "-c" option)

Thu Sep 13 17:32:57 UTC 2007
Davide Grandis <davide.grandis at fastwebnet.it>

Hi Grant,

Thanks for the support.

> I had this same problem when trying to back up my switch configs.
> After some googling, I found a workaround for RH-based systems.
> The workaround is disable tftp in xinetd, and run in.tftpd
> manually.  I never figured out why it would not work with xinetd.

May I ask you to tell me the detailed steps to achieve that... I'm an
absolute beginner! :-)

Thanks again,
Davide