[CentOS] music stops..................

Fri Sep 14 02:52:24 UTC 2007
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 22:43 -0400, Manuel E. Chavez Manzano wrote:
> I have installed CentOS 5 with mplayer -1.0-0.34. from de dag's
> repos,everythings going well while I'm just listening music ando doing
> any easy job, but when I run yum the mplayer stops for a while and start
> again, the sames happens with xmms.
> I have a celeron 2.9ghz and 256mb ram
> I want to know why is this happening ?
----
hurry up and grab a chair...

try launching xmms/mplayer (as user) from command line instead of
clicking because starting from a command line might give some useful
information in error out.

I find that if I am watching video or listening to audio via the
Internet, a stoppage generally means that it lost contact with the
streaming server

Craig