[CentOS] music stops..................

Fri Sep 14 20:17:45 UTC 2007
John Bowden <j-alan at btconnect.com>

On Friday 14 September 2007 15:41:41 Craig White wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 23:57 -0400, Manuel E. Chavez Manzano wrote:
> > Thanks
> > then I have ti assume that the problem is the processor, I mean that
> > it's not enought.
> > thanks a lot
> > see you

> > > ----
> > > yum update is not an easy job...it takes a lot of processing power and
> > > memory. You don't have that much memory and the Celeron is only OK as a
> > > processor
>
> ----
> 256 MB RAM is suggested minimum and likely to cause your machine to use
> swap more and interruptions in streaming process is likely while system
> is swapping memory to/from hard disk
>
> Craig

I get a similar problem when watching Tv and doing other memory intensive
stuff. The sound and picture start to stutter. If I close some programs down
it sorts itself out. This is on a 3 GHz AMD (32Bit) with 1Gb of Ram on a dual
memory channel board. Basically I'm pushing the memory / processor to its
limit. 256Mb of RAM is suggested MINIMUM required. If you can afford to
invest in some more RAM you will find its more cost effective than up
gradeing your CPU, and having more RAM will allow mplayer to buffer more of
the sound file that its playing.

--
Guy Fawkes, the only man to enter the house's of Parliament
with honest intentions, (he was going to blow them up!)