[CentOS] Re: Language interfaces and X.Org sessions per user

Sun Sep 16 17:37:17 UTC 2007
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Sun, 2007-09-16 at 13:09 -0400, Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
> William L. Maltby wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 17:23 +0300, Ioannis Vranos wrote:
> > ><snip>

> Hogwash, while yes you will definitely need more resources as far
> as hard disk, memory and network there is no need to worry about user
> X overwritting user Y's data. Hell Unix and it's variants had been
> successfully doing multi-user X sessions for years before even Windows
> 95 was a glint in Bill's eyes.

As an after-thought, it occurred to me that I may have not been obvious
enough in my original reply. Having been working on *IX variants since
PWB V6/7, circa 1978, I've some understanding of *IX general
capabilities, and some understanding of the basic capabilities of
various utilities that run on *IX systems. I'm not expert at anything,
but don't claim such expertise either.

As to my soapbox paragraph, it seems to fit with generally accepted
concerns about security issues, at which I'm also no expert. If the
requested <CTL>-<ALT>... does not imply a local console, I'm glad to
learn new stuff.

--
Bill