[CentOS] Compiling mod_webauth on CentOS 5 - krb dependency failure

Mon Sep 17 17:43:18 UTC 2007
mike at securityfolk.com <mike at securityfolk.com>

Hello all,

When I try to compile the mod_webauth module on CentOS 5, the dependencies
for Kerberos fail.  I have the Kerberos libs installed, which is what I
assume it's complaining about.   Ideas?  Is there an RPM missing?  Here's
some of what I found:

[root at localhost webauth-3.5.4]# ./configure

checking for gcc... gcc

checking for suffix of executables...

checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes

<snip>

checking for krb5-config... no

checking for library containing res_search... no

checking for library containing __res_search... -lresolv

checking for library containing crypt... -lcrypt

checking for krb5_init_context in -lkrb5... no

checking for krb5int_getspecific in -lkrb5support... no

checking for library containing pthread_setspecific... -lpthread

checking for krb5int_setspecific in -lkrb5support... no

checking for krb5_cc_default in -lkrb5... no

configure: error: cannot find usable Kerberos v5 library

[root at localhost webauth-3.5.4]#

However, when I search via rpm, I see:

[root at localhost webauth-3.5.4]# rpm -qa | grep -i krb

krb5-libs-1.5-26

krb5-libs-1.5-29

krb5-server-1.5-29

pam_krb5-2.2.11-1