[CentOS] Central file server advice please

Fri Sep 21 18:06:16 UTC 2007
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

John Bowden wrote:
> The mother board has 2 X IDE channels, 2 X IDE channels with raid and 2 X SATA
> raid channels, that's up to 10 hard drive devices. ...

Sometimes those IDE channels w/ raid only support 1 drive per channel.
anyways, putting two devices on one IDE channel w/ raid isn't a very
good idea, if either device fails in certain modes, it can take out the
IDE channel.

Whatever....    I'd configure it all as JBOD, and implement raid-1
(mirroring) or raid1+0 (stripe/mirror) in Linux.