[CentOS] Error trying to install Ktorrent

Mon Sep 24 13:30:08 UTC 2007
Phil Schaffner <Philip.R.Schaffner at NASA.gov>

On Sat, 2007-09-22 at 12:59 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-09-22 at 15:12 -0400, Dago Pacheco wrote:
> > Hi... I was trying to install Ktorrent in my centos 4 x64 (i use kde)
> > and when I typed './configure' i get this error message:
> >
> > checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.3 and < 4.0) (library
> > qt-mt) not found. Please check your installation!
> > For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
> > Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!
> >
> > How can i solve it?... i'm kinda newbie in linux.  Tnaks averybody
> ----
> you need the devel package to provide the necessary files...
>
> yum install qt-devel
>
> you may need other devel packages, I don't know about Ktorrent

Dries has i386 (but not x86_64) EL4 ktorrent packages, or rebuild from
the SRPM:

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/2682409/com/ktorrent-1.2-1.2.el4.rf.i386.rpm.html

# cat > /etc/yum.repos.d/dries.repo
[dries]
name=Extra Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 rpms from Dries - i386
baseurl=http://ftp.belnet.be/packages/dries.ulyssis.org/redhat/el4/en/i386/dries/RPMS
	http://apt.sw.be/dries/redhat/el4/en/i386/dries/RPMS
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://dries.studentenweb.org/rpm/RPM-GPG-KEY.dries.txt
protect=0
priority=2

See http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/YumAndRPM Get set up for
rebuilding packages while not being root for help on building packages.

Phil