[CentOS] command to show virtual X screens

Mon Sep 24 19:21:54 UTC 2007
Alfred von Campe <alfred at von-campe.com>

> Ok - I didnt realize it was called workspace, but yes that is it.
>
> But - what I want is a command line program that I can execute to
> show workspace 3.
> The sometime later execute a command line program to show workspace 1.

Sorry, I don't know about a command line option for this (and the
documentation doesn't seem to mention one either).  You could, as
someone else suggested in an earlier response, send the simulated
keyboard events to the right place, but that is rather kludgy.  You
may have better luck asking at http://gnomesupport.org/forums.  May I
ask why you are trying to do this?  There may be a good reason not to
provide command line support for something that switches the
workspace the user is looking at.

Alfred