[CentOS] 3Ware 9550SX and latency/system responsiveness

Tue Sep 25 01:52:11 UTC 2007
Feizhou <feizhou at graffiti.net>

Simon Banton wrote:
> At 07:46 +0800 24/9/07, Feizhou wrote:
>>> ... plus an Out of Memory kill of sshd. Second time around (logged in
>>> on the console rather than over ssh), it's just the same except it's
>>> hald that happens to get clobbered instead.
>>
>> Are you saying that running in RAID0 mode with this card and
>> motherboard combination, you get a memory leak? Who is the culprit?
>
> I don't know if it's caused by a memory leak or something else, I'm just
> describing what happens. I would be tempted to suspect the RAM itself if
> another identical machine didn't have exactly the same issue.

This is worth checking and reporting to 3ware.

>>> what's left to try?
>>
>> Bug report...
>
> I've reported the issue to 3ware but they've not responded. I replicated
> the problem with RHEL AS 4 update 5 and contacted RedHat but they told
> me evaluation subscriptions aren't supported.

If you have something that is reproducible like the above, they will
definitely be interested. Nothing like causing instability to get them
on the case.