[CentOS] Zoneminder-1.22.3-6.fc7.i386.rpm has dependency errors on Centos5 server-how to fix?

Tue Sep 25 08:27:59 UTC 2007
Dag Wieers <dag at centos.org>

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007, Ken Sedlacek wrote:

> Running Centos5 server software.
>
> Running ALL software except virtualization and server cluster.
>
> Patched this server software via yum updates as of 9.24.2007
>
> Downloaded the webcam software for FC7 from:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=10106

> Zoneminder-1.22.3-6.fc7.i386.rpm
> When YUM tried to install this version of Zondminder, finds this 1
> missing dependency:
>
> Missing Dependency: perl(Device::SerialPort) is needed by package
> zoneminder
>
> Question: how do I resolve this missing dependency?
>
> I have never compiled a kernal or anything else.
>
> Please lead me to a direction to resolve this.

Look at:

	http://wiki.centos.org/PackageManagement/Yum/Priorities
	http://wiki.centos.org/Repositories/RPMForge

If you have enabled the RPMforge repository, you can simply run:

	yum install perl-Device-SerialPort

Kind regards,