[CentOS] A quick question about ./configure

Fri Sep 28 20:17:45 UTC 2007
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On 9/28/07, Ing. Manuel Lazo <malazo at multiaccesorios.com> wrote:

> Akemi Yagi escribió:

> > If I still remember the original poster's question correctly, he wants
> > to install mplayer and avidemux2 on CentOS.  As I wrote ages ago,
> > mplayer can be installed without going through the compiling process.
> > avidemux2 is more challenging.  I myself need it for our desktop
> > running CentOS 5 and am still scratching my head.  I will certainly
> > share it once I get it built successfully.
> >
> > Akemi

> Thanks to all for your support. I allready installed mplayer from the
> repository (dag), but no luck with avidemux. I did compile it under
> CentOS 4 about a year ago, but no luck with CentOS 5.

OK, compilation successful.  After having spent so much time trying to
rebuild from available srpms, I was not going anywhere -- none of the
srpms tried worked.  Turns out the good old make; make install
strategy was the way to go.  This is what I did:

(1) Download the tar file from sourceforge: avidemux_2.4_preview2.tar.gz
(2) tar xvzf avidemux_2.4_preview2.tar.gz
(3) cd avidemux_2.4_preview2
(4) make -f Makefile.dist
   (If you get an error that says, 'AM_GNU_GETTEXT' not found, yum
install gettext-devel)
(5) make
If no error, install it as root
(6) make install