[CentOS] mysql and windows

Fri Sep 28 23:58:58 UTC 2007
Brad Beyenhof <bbeyenhof at ucsd.edu>

Peter Arremann wrote:
> On Friday 28 September 2007, Miark wrote:
>> On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, gjgowey at tmo.blackberry.net wrote:
>>> Mysql is to databases what Lincoln logs are to cinder blocks.
>>
>> What open source DB progs do you like--if any?
>
> You shouldn't have asked that question... :)
>
> When the dust settles at the end of the religious war you just
> started, you'll usually end up with people mostly agreeing on the
> following points:
[snip a bunch of well-presented decision factors]

What about for new database users? I assume there's boatloads of
documentation for all options, but which tends to work well for those
attempting to learn DB management?

I'm a sysadmin, bash scripter, and aspiring Pythonista, if such
knowledge influences the recommendation.

--
Brad Beyenhof
Systems Administrator