[CentOS] Interface bonding?

Wed Apr 9 22:47:59 UTC 2008
Timothy Selivanow <timothy.selivanow at virtualxistenz.com>

I'm try to bond a few interfaces together with the hopes of getting
increased throughput, and I'm using a cisco Catalyst 2900 as the switch.
I've tried using mode 0, 5, and 6 with nothing special on the switch,
and mode 4 with some ports "trunked" together (I have a feeling that the
"trunking" that the 2900 does is not 802.3ad, as it disabled the ports
it saw as redundant), yet xfer speeds always cap out at about 10MB/s.

Has any body accomplished bonding with increased throughput as the goal,
with or without (without might be preferable) doing something special on the switch (preferably the
afore-mentioned Catalyst 2900, as that is what I have to work with as a
non-sactioned side-project ;)?

--Tim
< When pleasure remains, does it remain a pleasure? >
  \
   \   \
        \ /\
        ( )