[CentOS] Full Screen Mode

Sat Apr 19 17:46:55 UTC 2008
John Wojnaroski <castle at mminternet.com>

Hello,

Just finished installing Centos5.1 on two machines (P4s, Nvidia
graphics, Gnome desktop)  Running OpenGL applications and need to run in
full screen mode without any frame borders or window icons across
multiple monitors. ( 4 monitors with two dual-headed Nvidia cards in
twinview mode )

One machine works just fine, the other retains the Gnome frame and opens
the apps in an X-term window.  Have compared the X11 startup files,
Xsession, scripts, Gnome settings, and can't find any differences.
Obviously, I'm missing something, somewhere

Under Debian things work just fine.  Sure I'll eventually find it, but
any help would be appreciated.

Also is there anyway to turn off the update popup window?  Not to cool
when it shows up on the game screen....

Thanks
John