[CentOS] Slightly OT: Extra icons on desktop

Thu Apr 24 18:06:12 UTC 2008
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

I'm running FC8 with Gnome 2.20.0 at work and I have this interesting situation.

I have two disks on the system that are both configured to be mounted
in /etc/fstab, but I'm seeing two things I believe are strange.

One is that the second drive is not getting mounted at boot time.

The other is that I see two icons for the disk on my desktop - one
with the mount point of the drive, the other with the labvel, and they
both refer to the same drive (but, e.g., if I use one icon to umount
the drive, the other icon does not go away - this is secondary).

Suggestions welcome.  Here is my /etc/fstab:

LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
tmpfs                   /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
devpts                  /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
sysfs                   /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
proc                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
/dev/sda2               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
LABEL=/misc             /misc                   ext3    defaults        1 2

The drive that is misbehaving is /misc.

This is (more or less) my first experience with FC, so have mercy.  :-)

Thanks.

mhr