[CentOS] raid1 custom initrd and yum

Tue Apr 1 18:43:51 UTC 2008
Sam Beam <sbeam at onsetcorps.net>

On Tuesday 01 April 2008 05:31, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Sam Beam wrote on Tue, 1 Apr 2008 01:45:28 -0400:
> > OK sorry to hammer the list but one more question - having almost got the
> > drives mirrored and happy - since I have created a custom initrd that has
> > the raid1 drivers in it, do I now have to tell yum to ignore kernel
> > updates? Will the stock kernel render me unbootable?
>
> Is this about software RAID? You don't need to change the initrd in any way
> for this.

ok.... (deep breathing relaxation exercise in order after staying up till 4AM
trying different permutations)... All the howtos/posts I found on it seemed
to this running mkinitrd to add raid1 was needed. So you don't run it at all
after creating the md arrays?

maybe that is why the system won't boot anymore after I synced the root
partition? ;)

I hope...