[CentOS] DNS in CentOS

Tue Apr 1 20:41:49 UTC 2008
Filipe Brandenburger <filbranden at gmail.com>

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 3:37 PM, vincenzo romero <new2xen at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Am running Bind 9 in Cent OS 5.1.   I have a DNS server, that:
>  - DNS server to hosts in lab.company.com - 192.168.17.x
>  - forwards query to company.com - 10.100.x.x.

What is the IP address of your DNS server? What is the IP adress of
the DNS server for company.com? What are the contents of the
resolv.conf file on the machine you're testing?

Basically on your server (the one for lab.company.com) you should have
a forwarders entry pointing to the IP of the DNS server for
company.com.

In the other DNS server, the one that handles company.com, you should
have in the company.com zone an NS entry for the "lab" name pointing
to the IP of your DNS server, the one for lab.company.com.

HTH,
Filipe