[CentOS] sendmail aliases

Tue Apr 1 23:15:03 UTC 2008
Chris Payne <Chris.Payne at triumf.ca>

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 04:07:33PM -0700, Hugh E Cruickshank wrote:
> From: David Hláèik Sent: April 1, 2008 16:00
> >
> > or just restart sendmail is enought?
> >
> I do not believe that that will work. The databases are normally
> only updated on demand when you issue the newaliases command.
> restarting sendmail will just use the exiting database without
> the changes you did to the /etc/aliases file.

If you use the init scripts, the newaliases command is run as part of the
"start" or "reload" functions:

> grep newaliases /etc/init.d/sendmail
		/usr/bin/newaliases > /dev/null 2>&1
		/usr/bin/newaliases > /dev/null 2>&1

A "make" in /etc/mail is also included.

Cheers
Chris
Chris Payne			chris.payne at triumf.ca
TRIUMF ATLAS Tier-1 System Administrator - Networking
TRIUMF				+1 604 222 7554
4004 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC, V6T2A3, CANADA