[CentOS] Re: sendmail aliases

Wed Apr 2 16:40:23 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 4-2-2008 4:41 AM Brent L. Bates spake the following:
>      Sendmail used to automatically compare creation dates of the text and
> database aliases files and when the text one was newer than the database one,
> sendmail would automatically update the database file at a convenient time.
>  This made a lot of sense.  However, the powers that be decided to break this
> great feature and removed it.  I copied it back into to source we use.

Many newer distros add that functionality to the init scripts. I seem to
recall that option had some bad side effects, and that is why sendmail removed
it. I wish I could remember what the problem was.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and