[CentOS] Re: sendmail aliases

Wed Apr 2 21:16:43 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 4-2-2008 1:46 PM Chris Miller spake the following:
> John Plemons wrote:
>> Real simple answer, switch to Postfix and dump sendmail.  Then edit
>> your alias file to add the aliases, run newaliases and you're done...
>
> I just don't understand why people still gripe about Sendmail. Yeah, it
> was a force to be reckoned with in the early days, but it's stupid
> simple to configure these days, and it's pretty much the default in most
> *nix distributions. Aside from some folks being intimidated by the
> thought of mc files and running m4, it's pretty much *as simple* to
> configure as Postfix.
>
> If Postfix works for you, hey great, you're free to run whatever you
> want. Telling someone to switch MTAs in the context of "how do I restore
> previous functionality in a program I choose to use" is not very
> constructive.
>
> Not trying to start a flame war or anything, but just had to say something.
>
> Regards,
>     Chris
I was biting my tongue also. I even had a page long reply typed up, but
decided instead to hit delete and go on to other things.

I still say that the tool you are most familiar with is the tool you should use.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and