[CentOS] Re: Updating Dovecot package?

Thu Apr 3 03:28:00 UTC 2008
Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net>

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 04:04:14PM -0700, Scott Silva wrote:
> on 4-2-2008 3:56 PM Michael Kratz spake the following:
>>
>> On 02/04/2008, at 10:43 PM, Drew Weaver wrote:
>>> Does anyone know if upstream ever plans on updating the dovecot package
>>> to a non RC version or to even one of the RC versions that isn�t so
>>> insecure,
>>>
>>> And by insecure, I of course refer to the recent rash of bugs which have
>>> been found.
>>
>> I don't know what version of CentOS you're using, however, with the
>> version of Dovecot that comes with CentOS 4.x if you want to use a more
>> recent package, there is a suitable one in the ATrpms repository.
>>
>> That's what I use, and I haven't had any issues with it. I'm not sure
>> about CentOS 5.x though.
>>

> The CentOS 5 version seems to be in testing, but probably because enough
> people haven't tested it to release it yet.

no, it's in testing as every package updating something in CentOS' own
package is and it will remain there forever. There are many people
that don't want the stable part of ATrpms to touch any vendor provided
package.

The name "testing" is very misleading, but that was the infratsruture
that existed and I just abused it. When rpmrepo.org comes to life the
package will be in a better named repo instead of "testing".
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net