[CentOS] simple load balancing/failover for OWA

Fri Apr 4 13:36:48 UTC 2008
Matt Shields <mattboston at gmail.com>

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 9:03 AM, Ruslan Sivak <rsivak at istandfor.com> wrote:
> David Hrbác wrote:
>
> > Ruslan Sivak napsal(a):
> >
> > > We are building an exchange cluster with two front end Outlook Web
> Access servers.  We would like to at least have some sort of failover, and
> prefereably load balancing for them.
> > >
> > > Russ
> > >

> > Russ,
> > take a look at
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy_balancer.html
> > David
> >
>  Yes, that what I was thinking.  However, I believe these servers also run
> smtp, pop3, imap,etc, so I don't think Apache can handle all of those..

LVS handles all protocols.  It can do any port and UDP or TCP.  It
supports different types of balancing Round Robin (rr), Weighted Round
Robin (wrr), Least Connections (lc), Weighted Least Connections (wlc).
 It can do sticky sessions, so if OWA doesn't like when you go from
server 1 to server 2, LVS will keep the user stuck to one server.
Plus a ton of other features.  Give it a shot.

--
-matt