[CentOS] Apache Authorization Access Control - location of htpasswd in Centos 5.1?

Mon Apr 7 02:17:12 UTC 2008
Garrick Staples <garrick at usc.edu>

On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 09:59:19PM -0400, Pam Astor alleged:

> Thanks for asking there, actually the problem has been solved, I deleted the passwords
> dir and chmoded 777 the passwd dir and the unsername and password were created
> by htpasswd.

No, 777 is always incorrect for regular files and directories.  You won't find
a single example of a 777 file or directory anywhere on your machine.

University of Southern California