[CentOS] CentOS 5.1 x86 medium installation problems

Mon Apr 7 15:17:02 UTC 2008

Ioannis Vranos wrote:
> Hi, I had downloaded CentOS 5.1 x86 DVD image, and although it passed
> sha1sum or md5sum test and I burned it verifying it, installation failed.

ok, I have read all your follow up messages in this thread and you
have'nt actually mentioned how and when the install failed and with that
message.

So rather than everyone going round and round in circles trying to work
out wtf is going on, why dont you just tell ?

exactly how are you doing the install ? what sort of vmware do you have
setup ? what kind of machine ? using a script / kickstart ? why are you
using a physical media when vmware can directly install from iso. etc.
And dont forget to mention how the install fails.