[CentOS] java-1.6.0-openjdk packages for testing

Mon Apr 7 17:58:04 UTC 2008
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 13:35 -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> Johnny Hughes wrote:
> > Akemi Yagi wrote:

> >> I get the same error.  Thought Johnny cheated on this one, but
> >> apparently not...
> >
> > hmmm
> >
> > There is another version of jpackage-utils in there that should also work.
> >

> I suspect that the problem is that you have priorities enabled, with the
> testing repo as the lower priority and jpackage-utils is an upgrade to
> the one included in the main distro.

That was it. I wish yum had a "--disablepriorities=" flag. nevertheless,
I disabled all repos, enabled the c5-testing and the update went just
fine.

However...

I know nothing about Java. The real Java worked fine for a java console
and application I use. The application worked (mostly) for Firefox 3.0.
It works very relaiably for the Firefox delivered (and updated to CentOS
current version) on both 4.x and 5.x. The Java Console looks like it
works, but doesn't give the prompts I saw in the real Java (clear
cache, ...) and on Windows XP.

The java-1.6.0-openjdk doesn't. I suspect I'm missing some sort of style
sheet processing. Again, I know nothing. Or maybe it's some
configuration I've overlooked. I looked at all that I could think of
that might be related.

Anyone got a clue bat to get me headed down the right road?

Here's a snippet that represents the errors I see in the Java console.
Stuff is wrapped.
Error: Unknown property 'box-sizing'.  Declaration dropped.
Source File:
https://a248.e.akamai.net/n/248/1777/20080331.0/www.etrade.com/stylesheet/global.css Line: 81

Error: Error in parsing value for property 'cursor'.  Declaration
dropped.
Source File:
https://a248.e.akamai.net/n/248/1777/20080331.0/www.etrade.com/stylesheet/global.css Line: 134

Error: Error in parsing value for property 'cursor'.  Declaration
dropped.
Source File:
https://a248.e.akamai.net/n/248/1777/20080331.0/www.etrade.com/stylesheet/global.css Line: 139

Error: Expected end of value for property but found 'height'.  Error in
parsing value for property 'padding'.  Declaration dropped.
Source File: https://www.etrade.wallst.com/v1/common/styles/common.css
Line: 175

Error: Expected declaration but found '~'.  Skipped to next declaration.
Source File:
https://www.etrade.wallst.com/v1/markets/overview/overview.asp?YYY220_/UfRI8EalsCAi3GJbJt1+1s5f342JV9/gVOKi53Y/+mgCK6YLp2npSpR/iB8MUHlH/xLj3KqPvxrZiXFk/P8P9Dm/BRVro4iUbunY3sI88SGZA9kudTDWkHRnft4blfv+5ugfzMoFQ0ZNMhiZyCd7jWgf9iIYmFdzJR5wu/OiSoXFU4kD0ERjHxPm6Y3QBd5 Line: 271

> <snip sig stuff>

TIA
---
Bill