[CentOS] Xorg crashes centos 5.1

Tue Apr 8 06:15:25 UTC 2008
John <jses27 at gmail.com>

What binary drivers do you have and where did you get them from and what
version are they?
Give us the output of lspci -v. as in the line containing your type of
video card.

On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 19:54 -0400, Jerry Geis wrote:
>  From dmesg after the crash.
> Xorg[12774] general protection rip:2b3daaff218b rsp:7fff01440950 error:0
>

> Anyone experiencing X11 crashes?
>
> I have an amd 6400+ centos 5.1 x86_64. This typically happens
> when I VNC in from home into my machine at work.
>
> My machine has nvidia card and I do run the binary drivers.
> However, I switched out for a short time and ran the nv driver
> and it happens there also.
>
> Any ideas? Anyone else see this? Anyone else using vnc?

"""I do load in xorg.conf the vnc module.""

I don't understand that statement. Please explain it.
Which xorg.conf are you using? News flash...When you go back to the
original "nv " driver it will use the xorg configuration file as the
previous driver. At least it will when you use the Drivers Supplied by
"nVidia"... Thus you may need to reconfigure X for the standard kernel
supplied module driver.