[CentOS] How to get status of notebook lid?

Wed Apr 9 08:47:25 UTC 2008
Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de>

Olaf Mueller wrote:
> Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> > On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 08:54 +0200, Olaf Mueller wrote:
> >> Is there any way to get this status, maybe under /proc/ or by some
> >> command?
> > Look under /proc/acpi/button/lid/.  On one of my notebooks, this
> > works:
> /proc/acpi doesn't here exists, acpid is installed. Is my notebook too
> old?

That is entirely possible, yes. The 8000 is from ~1999? Might be that
the acpi bios is blacklisted. Searching for acpi in dmesg should give
more hints.

> Any other ideas?

With apm stuff like suspend when closing the lid usually goes through
the BIOS settings.

The only thing you'll find in /proc is /proc/apm. And IIRC this does not
give you the status of the lid button or similar.

Cheers,

Ralph