[CentOS] ssl and NameVirtualHost

Wed Apr 9 21:06:59 UTC 2008
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Jim Perrin wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 4:35 PM, David Hrbác( <hrbac.conf at seznam.cz> wrote:
>
>>  Jim, you are not right... SSL 3.0 support Server Name Indication and of
>> course TLS 1.0. For those who are interested there are repos for C{4,5}
>> located here:
>
> Since I should have included this in my previous reply... I don't mind
> being wrong, so long as it's documented.
>
> Can you show the config for CentOS 4, (without the TLS packages you
> list) to do name based vhosts with ssl? I'd be interested in this
> myself. Given that the apache documentation for 2.0.x says it can't be
> done, I was basing my statements off that.

Do browsers do TLS these days?  I thought https had to negotiate the ssl
connection before the browser would send anything - so you don't have
the host header when you need to find the right certificate.  It doesn't
matter if the ssl layer knows how to do TLS if the browser side won't
use it.

--
    Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com