[CentOS] Force sendmail outbound routing for specific domain name

Thu Apr 10 03:00:41 UTC 2008
Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net>

On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 19:54:28 -0700
Hugh E Cruickshank <hugh at forsoft.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to force sendmail to use a specified host name for
> outbound email to a selected domain name instead of the host name
> that can be found by looking up the DNS entry?

I'm not entirely sure that I understand your problem.  If you have a unique
domain name, and your client also has a unique domain name, and your dns
records are properly configured, then sending email from domain name A to domain
name B should just work, regardless of how close your actual IP addresses are.

Having said that, you can put a domain name and IP address in /etc/hosts on the
originating computer and that computer will henceforth use the IP address
specified there.