[CentOS] Diskless Environment

Thu Apr 10 12:39:26 UTC 2008
John <jses27 at gmail.com>

On Thu, 2008-04-10 at 17:30 +0530, gopinath wrote:
> How to configure Diskless environment in CentOS 5.1. Please help me
> out

Have a look at The Linux Terminal Server Project.
http://www.ltsp.org/  That's is about the easiest configuration out.

You can use rsync to make the Client OS Layout and manually edit all
files as needed, pxe dhcp nfs and tftp. It's a nightmare to do.

An alternative method would be obtain the "system-config-netboot"
package from Fedora Core 6 or 7 that's if you can get it to work
correctly. Red Hat omitted it in v5.0 and also I think in 5.1. Bugzilla
on red hat says they are going to release it in a later release.

IMHO I believe it is getting replaced by cobbler. Any one on the list
know for sure?