[CentOS] aide questions, please

Thu Apr 10 13:29:12 UTC 2008
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 8:51 AM, Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com> wrote:

>  I'm not sure I can do the reboot today as I have had to put the server into
> a temporary production status.

Well, this is infact selinux related.

Test 1 reports:
[root at test ~]# getenforce
Permissive
[root at test ~]# aide --init

AIDE, version 0.13.1

### AIDE database at /var/lib/aide/aide.db.new.gz initialized.

Test 2 reports:
[root at test ~]# getenforce
Disabled
[root at test ~]# aide --init
lgetfilecon_raw failed for /etc/smartd.conf:No data available
lgetfilecon_raw failed for /etc/lvm/cache/.cache:No data available
lgetfilecon_raw failed for /etc/blkid/blkid.tab.old:No data available
lgetfilecon_raw failed for /etc/blkid/blkid.tab:No data available
lgetfilecon_raw failed for /var/log/nagios/status.dat:No data available

So I was wrong, it does require selinux to at least be in permissive
mode to complete without error. I'm currently checking now to see if
aide still generates a usable db with selinux off.

George Orwell