[CentOS] mod_auth_ldap Apache2 on CentOS 5 and require group

Thu Apr 10 18:54:02 UTC 2008
Jeff Larsen <jlar310 at gmail.com>

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 1:35 PM, David Hláčik <david at hlacik.eu> wrote:
> Hi , i am facing a strange problem.
>
> I have centos , i wan to access svn trought apache using mod auth ldap.
>
> This is what i have configured
>
>        AuthLDAPBindDN cn=svn,ou=Operators,o=Organization
>         AuthLDAPBindPassword Pass1
>         AuthLDAPURL "ldap://ldap/ou=Users,o=Organization?uid"
>         AuthLDAPGroupAttribute member
>         AuthLDAPGroupAttributeIsDN on
>          Require group cn=tester2,ou=Groups,o=Organization
>
> What is strange?
>
> According to doc it will accept only users which DN is in group
> cn=teste2,ou=Groups,o=Organization.
>
> How come, for me it will accept every one user from LDAP?

Your config looks correct, if it is in the correct context element in
your .conf file. Is it within a <Location> element that references
your svn repository path? Please show more of your config.

Are you sure Apache is querying the LDAP server? Are you prompted for
a login. Are you denied if a bad password or username is given?

--
Jeff