[CentOS] Building a 64bit rpm

Fri Apr 11 15:12:24 UTC 2008
Ross S. W. Walker <rwalker at medallion.com>

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 10:26 -0400, Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
> > It would be nice to have yum install the build requirements. Has
> > anybody developed a plugin to allow yum to install SRPMs and
> > optionally install the requirements as part of this?
>
> You mean like yum-builddep in yum-utils?

Yes, but work on any src rpm not just the ones in the repos.

And if there is something in the requirements that isn't
in the repos or already installed it fails.

I believe the functionality is in yum right now, all that
needs to be done is allow yum to install a package that
doesn't actually upgrade/update anything.

-Ross