[CentOS] kickstart ks.cfg file on USB devices

Fri Apr 11 19:38:46 UTC 2008
Milton Calnek <milton at calnek.com>

Bill Campbell wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2008, John wrote:
>> On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 12:18 -0600, Milton Calnek wrote:
>>> findfs comes to mind.
>>>
>>> other than that...
>>> fdisk -l | grep

>> "ks=cdrom:/ks.cfg" Specify it at the command prompt at boot time. You
>> may have to substitute the drive you have your Kick Start file in.....
>
> That's a no brainer, but when I'm testing various ks.cfg files,
> it's far quicker to be able to edit a file on a USB device than
> to burn a new CD.
>
> Bill

ks=http://host/path/ks.cfg
Of course you have have to be using the network in order to do this...
It works well for me as I install via the http anyway.

--
Milton Calnek BSc, A/Slt(Ret.)
milton at calnek.com
306-717-8737