[CentOS] Interface bonding?

Fri Apr 11 23:26:44 UTC 2008
John <jses27 at gmail.com>

On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 18:05 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> John wrote:
> >
> > Now for what version of the 2900 you have I do not know. But it seems
> > the info on Ciscos site is kind of misleading in places. There is some
> > documentation that says it works and some say you have to have the add
> > on modules.
> >
> > Your best bet if your not comfortable with the IOS command line is to
> > use the Web Interface or the Cisco Works Manager Interface. I say this
> > because I have really no way of knowing your experiance on this.  I
> > wouln't do this on a live production switch.
> >

> Trunking has to do with carrying multiple tagged vlans on one port - and
> the 2900xl with a 12.x IOS should do that in either ISL (cisco) or dot1q
>   mode.  But I thought we were grouping ports instead.  You should be
> able to do both, but the interfaces in the same port group would have to
> have the same trunk encapsulation set.  There is a separate 'vlan
> database' command on those switches where you have to add the vlan
> numbers that you want a trunk to carry - and it doesn't get saved in the
> visible config file.  If you have 'switchport access vlan nnn' on any
> interface that number goes in the vlan database automatically but you
> just want the trunk ports to pass some other vlans through you have to
> add them explicitly.
'
Ok, if I am reading your reply right VLAN configs are so to say saved in
the switch instead of the config file correct? So a config file never
contains the VLAN info. Just wondering any way to copy or backup the
VLAN Database? There has to be shouldn't. Been 4 years or more since
I've touched one. Guess I need to get the newest emulator software Cisco
has.

--
~/john

OpenPGP Sig:BA91F079