[CentOS] Interface bonding?

Sat Apr 12 00:43:36 UTC 2008
John <jses27 at gmail.com>

On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 17:13 -0700, Timothy Selivanow wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 17:23 -0400, Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
>
> > This should give you what you need when doing 802.3ad LAGs:
> >
> > interface FastEthernet0/21
> >  port group 1
> >  spanning-tree portfast
> > !
> > interface FastEthernet0/22
> >  port group 1
> >  spanning-tree portfast
> > !
>
> Using this on the switch and mode=4 for bonding results in the machine
> not being able to contact anything (happens with just 'port group 1'
> too, I tried that a "long" time ago), but there aren't any errors.  So,
> it doesn't work, but I couldn't tell you why.  Is there anything else
> that needs to be done, perhaps on the host's side?

Take a look at:
 http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/BondingInterfaces?highlight=%
28Bonding%29

1. Can you try at least try the other Bonding Modes please?
2. Try another Switch?
3. What info I can glean is the 2dot3ad will work on the IOS version you
have.
4. Did you validate that Both NIC Cards in the Server works and there
not like flaking out?
5. Another thought is are they the same brand? Linux it should not
matter but you never know.
6. Validate the NICS working separatly? Instead of in Bonding mode?
7. Faulty cableling, connectors and such.
8. Do you have the bunding configured right on the server?

Some of questions may sound rhetorical and stupid but I have found many
times it was the simplist thing that was wrong. The link on the wiki
bonding will work. It is a good example, clear and concise.