[CentOS] Centos issues

Sun Apr 13 14:56:32 UTC 2008
Dag Wieers <dag at centos.org>

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008, hamood Iqbal wrote:

> Hi i just swicthed from opensuse and having some issues that were not
> present in suse.
>
> 1. add/remove software (package management)does not work. Opensuse
> flawless working.
>
> 2. how to add dvd as repository. in suse it was automatic.
>

> i choose centos b/c it has the longest upgrade cycle.
>
> i am using centos 5.1 on vmware server
>

> but if i cant solve it i will switch back to suse.

Did you consider it to be unfriendly to compare one project with another
and threaten to go back if you don't get an answer.

Did you consider it to be unfriendly to imply that the problems you have
are caused by CentOS and not by an action of yourself ?

To be honest, I personally wouldn't mind if you would go back using
OpenSUSE because we do not need a community of whiners that lacks any
social skills.

But if you intend to stay and be part of the CentOS community, I hope you
can change your attitude.